Thursday

Gone by Lisa McMann

Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life — and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she’d ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out.... [via GoodReads]

Gone is the highly anticipated, final installment in the Dream Catcher Trilogy. This is the story of Janie, the girl who catches dreams and, Cabel, the boy who loves her.

I've really enjoyed this series. I found it original and the characters very endearing. What I truly liked about Gone is that you really get more character definition, it was more of a character driven novel. There isn't so much of a mystery in this one but rather its about the characters coming to terms with themselves... learning more about each other and accepting that. Janie has learned to deal with her "gift" and has found a greater purpose for it. But she now knows that this gift comes at a very high price. A price that not only will affect her immensely but will also affect Cabel. Janie has some tough decisions to make.

There's not much more I can say without giving too much away. I did feel that this book was different from the prior two in the series, but not in a bad way. The writing was the same - with it's short chapters and even shorter sentences. Janie was whiney and not so much the tough girl I've come to love... but all is forgiven - the girl is definitely leading a rough life. For those of you who haven't read the first two books in the series and are considering reading Gone - I would not recommend you do that. Although Gone can almost be seen as a companion book since it is THAT different from the other two, you don't really get much background information as to know what happened previously so after a couple of pages you will be lost. Start at the beginning and I guarantee you will be swept away in Janie's journey. All in all, this worked for me. I enjoyed this trilogy immensely and I can definitely recommend it to not just teens but to adults alike.

1 comment:

elaing8 said...

my niece got me into this series and I'm glad she did. I really enjoyed it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit