Monday

Undone by Karin Slaughter

Undone brings together, for the first time, the small-town residents of Grant County, Georgia, and the hard-bitten cops of Georgia’s Bureau of Investigation in a relentlessly gripping novel.

Sarah Linton has fled to Atlanta seeking refuge from the terrible act that ripped her life apart in Grant County. But when a tortured young woman becomes a patient in her ER, she’ll find herself deeply ensnared in a case that rips the lid off secrets as dark and complex as they are disturbing. When special agents Will Trent and Faith Mitchell join forces to probe into the life of the victim, these three embark on an investigation that will change all of them forever.

Wonderfully crafted, filled with superbly created characters and the forensic and police procedural details that are her trademark, Undone is the most thrilling Slaughter novel yet. (taken from the back cover of the book)

This is the first time I read any of the Grant County/Georgia’s Bureau of Investigation series books... and although it can be read as a stand alone book, I will forewarn that there is a lot of information you don’t find here (especially background information on the characters).

Undone commences about three years after the last book in the series. Dr. Sarah Linton is now living in Atlanta trying to escape the trauma she suffered a few years back. She is working at an ER and trying to make the most of her life, when she unexpectedly finds herself involved with Will Trent and his partner Faith Mitchell, and drawn back into a homicide investigation.

I will say that the book starts off with a bang and you are irrevocably drawn into this story that will not let you go until you are done with it. The plot was intense and the characters were very well-written. I enjoy fast-paced, edge of your seat, don’t stop until you get through just one more chapter, types of crime thriller... and this was definitely one of them. I feel like I need to back track and read more from this author. Ms. Slaughter's characters are so multi-dimensional and so real that I just feel the need to get to know them more and read everything on how they got to the point where they are in this book. This was great and highly recommended to anyone who enjoys a fast-paced thriller.

4 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds deeep.

Unknown said...

I read this book and really enjoyed it too. I thought it a very quick read. I had a little problem with how graphic some of the scenes were but, I just lightly skimmed that paragraph. I really enjoyed her characters. I haven't posted many reviews yet, but this is one I reviewed. I'm glad you liked it too!

The Reading Momster said...

Wow, sounds really great and the plot in intriguing too!

kalea_kane said...

This book looks fantastic. I am looking forward to picking it up and Karin's other work. I can't believe how many great books she has out there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit