Thursday

Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper

Homer’s Odyssey is about Gwen Cooper and her beloved cat Homer. Gwen adopts Homer - who is blind due to the severe infection he had in his eyes when he was rescued. She happily takes him home and this is a recount of how her life changed because of one precious kitty.

This was such a feel good story. There were poignant moments and moments that were just uproariously hilarious. I laughed, I cried, I sighed, I was intrigued. I can honestly say that this story has a little bit of everything and (the best part) it’s all true. I loved reading about Homer and his antics. The kitty whom everyone thought would be the underachiever ended up being the one to help provide Gwen with many of life’s lessons.

Gwen’s writing is so detailed when she is describing her cats. Each one had its own personality and you feel as if you can basically touch them - her words are that descriptive. I will confess though that I enjoyed when she was writing about the cats more than when she was writing about her own personal life. But, all in all, I thought that there was enough on both her personal life and the cats to where it was a perfect all-around package.

I can definitely recommend this to anyone who loves animals (not just cat lovers). This is a beautiful story about the love for an animal and how life affirming that love can be.

5 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Wow. I love the way you write. This sounds good.

Vanessa Book ♥ Soulmates said...

great review my friend :)

Unknown said...

Homer sounds like a wonderful cat and Gwen Cooper a true cat lover. I know I think all of my cats have distinct personalities!
Thanks for a great review!

Missy B. said...

I finished reading this a few weeks ago...I agree, it is a terrific book! Nice review....

The Reading Momster said...

wow That sounds real nice! You enthusiasm make \s me want to grab a copy right away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit