Monday

Confessions of a Former Child by Daniel J. Tomasulo

Confessions of a Former Child is such a nice and touching memoir about the life of psychologist, Daniel Tomasulo. Throughout his memoir we are able to learn about his parents, his friends, patients, and some of the most important events in his life. I liked how every chapter was a short story, yet they all came together in the end.

I will confess there were times where I was literally sitting there cracking up (by myself ... in my car) reading about some of his thoughts (i.e. how eating seeds could get you pregnant; we got a shitter here!; powers of controlling all street lights and traffic lights, etc). And yet, there were also times that were more serious and sad (and well yes, I shed a tear or two).

This is one of those “gobble ‘em up”-type books that you can read in one sitting. It’s funny, witty and addictive. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Beth F said...

Thanks!! I'll have to check this one out. Sounds like there's lots of variety.

Michele said...

Oh gosh, I hope he is referring to mind control of traffic lights because I totally do that (still!).

I'm going to have to read this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit