Monday

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

The adventures of Nobody "Bod" Owens while having the run of the graveyard... this was such a simplistic and enjoyable read. It felt like a very long short story - only because it was written in a way that each chapter was a story of it’s own--even though it dealt with the same characters. There was a thread that ran through them all, but it was mostly in the background. Yet the end tied it all in and left me very satisfied with the outcome. I loved that we watched Bod being raised, nurtured and educated by the denizens of a cemetery. What I loved most about this book is how attached I became to some of these characters. I really hope Gaiman writes a sequel... or at least writes Silas’ tale... something. I totally want to hang out at a graveyard now.

Here is a trailer to The Graveyard Book narrated by Neil Gaiman. Supposedly a movie is also in the works - I can't wait to hear more about it, it's all hush-hush right now.

3 comments:

Beth F said...

RYC: I'm planning on Club Dead next, so I can resolve the Bill / Eric question!

Unknown said...

Really? Will there be a movie???? Wonderful! Glad you liked the book.

Suzanne said...

I love Neil Gaimon but haven't read this yet. It's now next on my list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines I'm Yours Kit